building SMPS for lab use

fuzzywolf

Hi diysmps folks,
this is my first post and I don't have an electrical engeneering background so please forgive probable lack of knowledge and silly questions. I searched the net for the past week almost, looking for a SMPS of relatively low power [(compared to those I've seen here :) ) , ( for me a 200-300 W peak power would be sufficent and and output of +/- 40 V max and +/- 3/5 V min)] with a variable symmetric voltage output and various protection anganist over current over voltage and short circuit of the output. I found only a scheme for a smps useful to power car audio equipment. Then i found this forum but same problem here. However here are some useful tools to design smps and some useful info regarding safety and protection aganist accidents, wich i find very interesting and useful.
My question is: is it possible to build a SMPS with the characteristics ratings i specified plus OVP, SCP and OCP, regulable voltage output (symmetrically) and current limiting? If yes, there are some resources i could use to learn (books, AN, datasheets) or even ready to bake recipes?
Thanks for your time
Fuzzy.

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
Hi diysmps folks,
this is my first post and I don't have an electrical engeneering background so please forgive probable lack of knowledge and silly questions. I searched the net for the past week almost, looking for a SMPS of relatively low power [(compared to those I've seen here :) ) , ( for me a 200-300 W peak power would be sufficent and and output of +/- 40 V max and +/- 3/5 V min)] with a variable symmetric voltage output and various protection anganist over current over voltage and short circuit of the output. I found only a scheme for a smps useful to power car audio equipment. Then i found this forum but same problem here. However here are some useful tools to design smps and some useful info regarding safety and protection aganist accidents, wich i find very interesting and useful.
My question is: is it possible to build a SMPS with the characteristics ratings i specified plus OVP, SCP and OCP, regulable voltage output (symmetrically) and current limiting? If yes, there are some resources i could use to learn (books, AN, datasheets) or even ready to bake recipes?
Thanks for your time
Fuzzy.

Have you made any progress yet?