Cloning Chinese SMPS and changing output Voltage.Need advice!!!

noz-25

LEDadict
I didn't touch anything until last night.Last night i turn back trafo on original smps to see how work without load.Result's:temperature rise up but slowly.After 10min it was 40'C!And now the most intersting thing:I connect 7 LEDs with 2watts and temperature IS NOT RISE UP like without load!!!I read on net about expirience other people who also claim that temperature rise up rapidly only when there is NO LOAD!!!I don't have explanation about that but i think it's in my case.I will continue tonight and will update this tread.
Thank You and all best!

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
Another SMPS

Just found this circuit, hope it helps

Attachments

• SMPS_SELF.jpg
    SMPS_SELF.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 92

noz-25

LEDadict
Just found this circuit, hope it helps
MicrisiM is this flyback SMPS?You sugest me to make this,right?It's 100% tested and work good?It seems well!I suppose winding trafo calculation will not be a problem?
OK,this is new video.I check everything.I desolder every diode and transistor to test it and be sure,everything is ok.This is it,this is how this SMPS work.This is how much it's heating.Maybe after few ours burn out-maybe not-i don't know.Except switch transistor,two resistor is heating.Not to much but it's hot maybe 35-40'C!You can see on diagram wich one is that.They are 2Watts i think.Nothing else.Everything else is cold:trafo,rectifier in main and double schottky in output,diode,small transistor...That's it.If You have some on mind-please say,becouse i don't know can this work or is it peace of sh...t.I don't have expirience with this.
I make decision,i will order IR2153 and some mosfet.I like Your project with them.Do You have better idea?You are in right about everything and i will do what You say.I want to practise with SMPS to get some knowledge.Can You help me where i can get etd49?

[video=youtube;HaE0RS7CLWg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaE0RS7CLWg[/video]

EDIT SMPS novi.JPG

Last edited:

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
Nice

@noz-25.

I really like the way you work, and the passion you have for the SMPS.

I am not advising you to make the SMPS I uploaded, I just wanted to share with you, because from long time I am trying to make an SMPS with minimum parts, and very very simple SMPS, like the one you work at.

I think that the tempreture is normal, even it may reach 80C without problems, but use small FAN. Also how many watts you are loading the SMPS with?

Load it with dummy load for 30 minutes, and monitor the results, ( You can do this later).

But now if every thing is correct, write your notes and test every thing possible, take all measures, DO YOU HAVE AN Oscilloscope??

Its really interesting to know the working frequency of this SMPS, I really like your progress, and if you finally develop a DIY PCB it will be great!

Regarding your IR2153 SMPS, I will help you, but I don't like to use that CHIP into SMPS, I advice you to use TL494 or SG3525.

You can buy ETD-49 from electronic shops, or from rswww.com or www.farnell.com

Regards

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
Smps

You can start with this circuit for audio, with some modification only.

But this is a simple design, and its very reliable

Attachments

• 15-48V SMPS Full.GIF
    15-48V SMPS Full.GIF
    14.6 KB · Views: 79

nigelwright

Ok, Now I think that you understand that you may damage some parts during this test, its only becasue you have to try to get the right values of components for the regulation circuit.

Do you have extra transistors?

Also I think that you are aware of the safety you MUST follow when you make SMPS?

Any way,

I think your first step is to REBUILD the smps on a new board then you will start changing some values?

Have you started the process of the disassembly of the transformer?

If the SMPS is half bridge then usually you can only change the output voltage by a small amount.
Larger changes require adding or subtracting turns from the transformer.

PWM SMPS can be altered easier.

noz-25

LEDadict
I couldn't work on SMPS becouse i have to make some other project with LED.I will continue tonight.And until i learn to make SMPS i must buy them! :) Thanks God to China and their cheap products.Hahaha.. Look at my new SMPS 240Watt 24V 10A!This one is very good!What You think?BTW which topology is used in this two SMPS (first one and this one now)?This one use IC K7500 and two D13009K transistors.You can see small transformer,my first thought was that is GDT but later see there is bipolar transistor.Transformer core is maybe ETD49,its look like but i am not sure.There is inductor in output with two cores as You can see.In input capacitors 2x470uF and 3x1000uF at output.Like on all before SMPS it has variable resistor to change output voltage +-15%,weel that is my condition,i realy need that.It seems like computer power supply don't You think?I will draw the shematic probably when i have time,but it's not to interesting for "cloning" for me becouse it has IC.You can find a lot of good SMPS with IC.
Fotografija0232.jpgFotografija0229.jpgFotografija0230.jpgFotografija0231.jpg

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
@ noz-25

I am disappointed from your decision leaving the SMPS project behind, You had 35% completed your way to make your own SMPS come true

Regards

noz-25

LEDadict
@ noz-25

I am disappointed from your decision leaving the SMPS project behind, You had 35% completed your way to make your own SMPS come true

Regards

You are wrong understand me,i am NOT LEAVING SMPS PROJECT.i was just making some other projects last few days and tonight i will continue with SMPS!Don't worry everything is OK!!!R#:

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
You are wrong understand me,i am NOT LEAVING SMPS PROJECT.i was just making some other projects last few days and tonight i will continue with SMPS!Don't worry everything is OK!!!R#:

That sound better :)

I am playing with some chines SMPS also, you made me tempt to dig into these cheap SMPS units!

noz-25

LEDadict
That sound better :)

I am playing with some chines SMPS also, you made me tempt to dig into these cheap SMPS units!

Jeeeeeeaaaa,You see this ScreenShot001.jpg
It means my "copper clad PCB single side fiber glass" are arived.:afro: More info is here.
I will make PCB for SMPS as You sugest!:UP:

One question becouse You are online:main problem for me to order ETD49 core is price for shiping,it's very expensive so it will be nice when i can find some core on "Aliexpress",please look here Do You see some interesting cores?
Thank You!
PS:Maybe this one!?
PS2:I don't need 1KW SMPS!So i don't need some to big core!

Last edited:

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
I don't advice you to buy from that site, you should find a more trusted supplier to buy from!!!

I have around 8 complete EE42 sets, Wish you were close to me so I can send you some!

EE42 can deliver up to 800W

noz-25

LEDadict
I don't advice you to buy from that site, you should find a more trusted supplier to buy from!!!

I have around 8 complete EE42 sets, Wish you were close to me so I can send you some!

EE42 can deliver up to 800W
This is not first time to hear that "...not from that site" but i order from them for a long time and was NEVER disapointed.As i tell You,main problem for me is shiping cost when i order from some other sites.I am sory but i can't give around 70-80$ only for shiping,it's to much for me.
If You have some suggestion were from to buy cores,please send me link.You can PM me!Thank You!