How are made Powersoft Digam amps?

joseph r

Hi there, I wanted to know whats inside a powersoft digam amp like the k10. Does anyone have already had a look inside or better a schematic?;)

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
there is a class-d amp, with SMD chip driving the whole circuit, impossible to identify

A full bridge SMPS, with PFC at output of the SMPS with too many bulk capacitors

Without any bulk capacitor at the input of the SMPS, I like some ideas in the SMPS design, but its not the ultimate solution.

Its just a new idea, for a small amplifier, but I think it sound just OK, not perfect

Regards

joseph r

ok thanks microsim. But the pfc should be at input of smps and not output?
Isnt all the modulation PWM and error amplifier made by a DSP/microrocessor? Or is it still some analog signal path?

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
ok thanks microsim. But the pfc should be at input of smps and not output?
Isnt all the modulation PWM and error amplifier made by a DSP/microrocessor? Or is it still some analog signal path?

Yes Joseph,

You are right about that, and to tell you truth I was surprized when I saw the schematics.

But dont forget, they are not using any bulk capacitors at the input of the SMPS!

those high voltage caps are not there! but they are using a PFC at the output + 21 capacitors, and it looks to me also, in this way they will regulate the SMPS without using a complex regulation circuit.

the PWM and processor only for the AMPLIFIER circuit, and has nothing to do with the SMPS, SMPS is a FULL Bridge SMPS ( I like the circuit)

Hope that helps

Regards