IR2110 Hi-OUT not working?

MyFirstSMPS

As my previous tests IR2153 driver was not successful, I gave up on this chip and chose the second approach - SG3525 and IR2110 gate driver. The first test was done with them after some rooting around on the web and came across a simple option - http://eletronicasilveira.forumeiros.com/t4135-fonte-chaveada-com-sg3525-2-versoes
Then I tried to put together but once again I met a new problem arising from the IR2110 driver. Specifically, this driver bootstrap circuit - namely, I can not Hi-OUT signal, Lo-OUT works but playing different bootstrap capacitor capacitances does not work Hi-OUT - the Hi-output does not react completely, scope does not give any picture - it does not seem to output exist.
I will add a few pictures, the first IR2110 Lo-OUT output scope image and the others are power supply images of the PCB from the parts side and the bottom. Can anyone suggest what I should still try to get both outputs to work properly?

IR2110 Hi out.jpg
1:1 probing IR2110 Lo-OUT
1uS/div.
2V/div.

SMPS SG3525IR2110.jpg
SMPS SG3525IR2110 solderside.jpg

Last edited:

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
I am not sure and I dont think it will give any wave at the HI output without installing the mosfets

MyFirstSMPS

But why do I see Lo-OUT waveform scope screen?
My SMPS, as shown in the picture, is an external PWM and driver power supply, it works on the picture to see gray molded transformer. At the beginning I used the MOSFET which is not shown in the picture - if they were connected to the SMPS input voltage of 100Vac a variac regulated through an isolation transformer. Control circuit could power the 12V transformer, rectified and stabilized in 7812 stabilizer. If the output was connected to the 33R power resistors, burned main fuse, if resistors not connected, the output voltage of approx. +-4V and approx. 1 minute powered in mains, the MOSFET heating heavily, they had an adequate heatsink. I use IRFP450. All parts of the new, the MOSFET selected from the same batch.
Replaced by bootstrap capacitors chain - originally was 22uF, I tried 4.7uF and 10uF but the result is the same. Another circuit which is http://www.eletronicasilveira.com/t4524-fonte-chaveada-com-sg3525-half-bridge-versao-final driver IR2110 datasheet seems incapable of researching though - the same bootstrap circuit is also different from AN documents, should be as the first link in my first post. I do not understand - what I've done wrong so far?
Transformer should not be a problem because the toroid winding has got examples to industrial transformers - for this reason, I have not used ETD and E cores because they are still unclear coil construction and layout - lots of contradictory information on the web and in my own language has no corresponding literature.

demykiko

hi myfirstsmps,

microsim is right..you can see the hi side signal only when the IC
is connected already to two mosfets even not supplied with 300v dc yet..
I experienced it already with IR2153 just recently..

Regards,
demykiko