Le Monstre - Hiraga

j-paul64

Ok, my first "Le Monstre - Hiraga".
In development: SLA (+/-12V 63Ah) - PSU with µC-Management and LiFePO4 (+/-13,2V 40Ah) - PSU with µC-Management...
Therfore, here in the forum, the start of the 1200W SMPS...

Attachments

• MONSTRE-AMP - PCB - COLOR.pdf
    166.3 KB · Views: 1,117

IGBT

Switching Fanatic!
In development: SLA (+/-12V 63Ah) - PSU with µC-Management and LiFePO4 (+/-13,2V 40Ah) - PSU with µC-Management...

Wthat a project is that!!

Can you tel me more please about this SMPS, is it your first Project?

I am in!

Very nice Indeed

j-paul64

The sketch of the µC managed power supplies. I will use a COTS MEAN WELL PB600-24 CC/CV charger for SLA. The 1200W SPMS will replace this one and supplies the auxiliary supply if the batteries are charging.
The µC managed battery gauge is missing (sheet 5, based on low power IL300 optocoupler and continuous measurement)...

Attachments

• PSU-BATT-SHEET3.pdf
    23.5 KB · Views: 458
  • PSU-BATT-SHEET6.pdf
    34.8 KB · Views: 283
  • PSU-BATT-SHEET2.pdf
    30.4 KB · Views: 282
  • PSU-BATT-SHEET1.pdf
    20 KB · Views: 296
  • PSU-BATT-SHEET4.pdf
    23.5 KB · Views: 283

IGBT

Switching Fanatic!
Nice

The sketch of the µC managed power supplies. I will use a COTS MEAN WELL PB600-24 CC/CV charger for SLA. The 1200W SPMS will replace this one and supplies the auxiliary supply if the batteries are charging.
The µC managed battery gauge is missing (sheet 5, based on low power IL300 optocoupler and continuous measurement)...

That looks massive!

Paul, its clear that you are master into power electronics. have you made an PFC units before?

Thanks

j-paul64

Yes, but years ago! But its like bicycle, you never forget it. Today I´m learning designing planar transformer. I need a replacement for a 600W +12VDC to +/-40VDC ETD49 transformer...
I will look for some information about PFC. Power? Voltage?

IGBT

Switching Fanatic!
Pfc

Yes, but years ago! But its like bicycle, you never forget it. Today I´m learning designing planar transformer. I need a replacement for a 600W +12VDC to +/-40VDC ETD49 transformer...
I will look for some information about PFC. Power? Voltage?

Thank You for the response!

I would like to make PFC for my SMPS, Power is 1500W output voltage 385VDC, AC Input 90 ~ 264 VAC.

I have no experience in selecting the proper inductors for such thing or even know witch materials are best to make your own Inductors.

There was some discussion here about same thing using UCC28019 chip for PFC, in CCM Mode

Regards...

j-paul64

Idea: PowerEsim PFC CCM and Fairchild FAN7930. The inductors, chokes and transformers are specific: USA - Magnetics and so; EUROPE - FERROXCUBE or EPCOS, WÜRTH. CMC perhaps by VAC, filter choke perhaps by WÜRTH, X2, Y2 capacitor by BC COMPONENTS or EPCOS. Standard resistor have limited voltage: MMA 200V, MMB 300V, PWC 500V, generally, more power more voltage. Don´t forget the inrush currents for electrolyte and film capacitors! The diode and FET from Fairchild (see AN). You need some experience in the design of main voltage (230VAC) equipment: in Europe the rules are defined by the VDE and are very constrainious, then this equipment plugs on general and public main voltage distribution.
Nice to find more interested people here in the forum to reduce the cost of the prototyp: I will design the PFC schematics, the iron parts (I know a good manufacturer), the PCB, the part list; I friend of mine will test the PFC...
But we need to start with a preliminary design specification and V-Modelling development.

IGBT

Switching Fanatic!
Idea: PowerEsim PFC CCM and Fairchild FAN7930. The inductors, chokes and transformers are specific: USA - Magnetics and so; EUROPE - FERROXCUBE or EPCOS, WÜRTH. CMC perhaps by VAC, filter choke perhaps by WÜRTH, X2, Y2 capacitor by BC COMPONENTS or EPCOS. Standard resistor have limited voltage: MMA 200V, MMB 300V, PWC 500V, generally, more power more voltage. Don´t forget the inrush currents for electrolyte and film capacitors! The diode and FET from Fairchild (see AN). You need some experience in the design of main voltage (230VAC) equipment: in Europe the rules are defined by the VDE and are very constrainious, then this equipment plugs on general and public main voltage distribution.
Nice to find more interested people here in the forum to reduce the cost of the prototyp: I will design the PFC schematics, the iron parts (I know a good manufacturer), the PCB, the part list; I friend of mine will test the PFC...
But we need to start with a preliminary design specification and V-Modelling development.

When we can work at this PFC, since I can afford making a prototype!

Thanks J-Paul! :w)

IGBT

Switching Fanatic!
Pfc

Paul

Any updates?

Do you have any SMPS projects? from 220VAC to +-60 for amplifier?

j-paul64

What is the needed power for +/-60VDC?
The stand of a 1,2kW PFC CCM as attachment: finishing the PCB to be ordered. I need also to order the iron and copper and to built the chokes.
I am very busy with a 200mW battery powered tube headphone amplifier for 32ohm (GRADO) and 300ohm (SENNHEISER) headphones.

Attachments

• PFC-CCM-FLY.pdf
    23.3 KB · Views: 326

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
The stand of a 1,2kW PFC CCM as attachment: finishing the PCB to be ordered. I need also to order the iron and copper and to built the chokes.
I am very busy with a 200mW battery powered tube headphone amplifier for 32ohm (GRADO) and 300ohm (SENNHEISER) headphones.

Outstanding :UP: :UP: :UP:

IGBT

Switching Fanatic!
Woow

Nice work as usual Paul,

The power I need is also 1200W +-60VDC

Is that PFC intended to be uses for 1200W constant? without any voltage drops?

I see that inductors are small for 1200W?

I will be intrested into some pictures of that headphone amplifier ;)

IGBT

Switching Fanatic!
Pfc

J-Paul

You still there?

I wonder if you still interested into making the PFC

tebci

that class-A amplifier in this PDF file? or SMPS?

IGBT

Switching Fanatic!
hey J-Paul

What happened to you? no respond since 7 months or more? are you there?