Lets make most compact SMPS,yes this is chalenging

kiakiaka

As I said in title block idea is simple,but just the idea.Currently I am working with TINY switch and also there r TOP switch topologies which r amazing.The thing is to make it even smaller and with less parts count number.This should not be a topic for a begginers.So if u really see that u can help with what u know then write it here.My idea is to start with TINY290 IC ..... and only to make an improvement for higher output power fg. up to 2-3KW.Here is the PDF with schematic and all data for transformer.Goal is no heat on full load.

Attachments

• 5V-4A.pdf
    5.5 MB · Views: 129

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
Very interesting, I am in the process of making something similar to the DIY, but I am trying to use an easy to find parts, specially the driver ICs, etc..

I am ready to help into this

but I am not sure about the power rating as mentioned!! 3kW??

Thanks

Last edited:

kiakiaka

I just puted there a number....there r no limits which can prevent us to make something.....there r only limits which we put as limits which can stop us.Thing is to make something super small which can deliver interesting power on output without heat or with heat of 40 deg. max.So basic idea from me is to start with TINY switch.I just finished prototype in Protel and tomorow i will build it (EE-19 core - max output 15W).After testing i will design SMT board.This TINY chip is amazing thing :) .It is undestroyable in full meaning of that word.With all qualities if it is possible to amplify the output then it is possible to create superior quality in a very small space.Just a thought.I will upload some concept which i have in my mind and we can try to figure out something.