PROBLEM WITH PFC DIODE...... kEEPS BLOWING UP

sekhar

I have made a pfc for the front end of my smps ........
It works great for 450W in 230V . But when ever i go down below 130V in the input the the pfc diode HFA08TB60 becomes very hot and tends to blow it self.
I thought due to high current the diode was blowing up but when I changed the diode to HFA25TB60 the pfc lost its power factor and the inductor Makes strange noise.....
Any idea why this is happening......
Does this have to do any thing with reverse recover issue of the bigger diode....
I am completely lost any help would be great ....

i am using UC3854 as my pfc controller and the basic Schematic from the datasheet.....

regards
sekhar

giololucas

Hi sekhar.
Inductor value is ok? Did you measured it to confirm?
The diode, storage capacitor and mosfet used are apropriate to load?
Did you checked this: Design Note 39B and Application Note U-134 for further details.?
Regards.

CobraNet

Sekhar

You are manufacturing commercial SMPS units, I don't think this is welcomed here.

You should at least tell every body about your plans, or go and do the research yourself, rather than asking for free help.

Photo-0008a.jpg

sekhar

my frnds this nt a commercial unit .............. it is wat i have made for my own self ............................

sekhar

i have made my units look good that means ................ they look commercial wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am impressed

CobraNet

i am ready to share my diy work with everyone out here or anywhere else...................

nice

it will be great if you share your PCB files, inductors design. so many of us here looking for such nice SMPS as you can see.

Your inductors indicates clearly what kind of SMPS is that, while manufacturing them, not home made -)

sekhar

nice

it will be great if you share your PCB files, inductors design. so many of us here looking for such nice SMPS as you can see.

Your inductors indicates clearly what kind of SMPS is that, while manufacturing them, not home made -)

opps my frnd u got just one thing wrong ................ those kind of inductor and smps txfr with their bobins r reasily found in my place .........and lets see hw much u can help with the problems i have posted ......... then u can have all my hard work on ur plate

CobraNet

opps my frnd u got just one thing wrong ................ those kind of inductor and smps txfr with their bobins r reasily found in my place .........and lets see hw much u can help with the problems i have posted ......... then u can have all my hard work on ur plate

man. comon

Show us where did you get those transformers from, also how come those ready made transformers worked for your application that easy?

dont claim now, GO... show us your PCB LAYOUT

also show us some videos and more pictures, so I can help you more

sekhar

ready made trnasformer are u insane...............do u know that good looking bobins r available in the market with a cooper shield any txfr will look like ready made.........
Neways u wanna see pcb layout .....ok and for videos just hold on...................

regards
sekhar

CobraNet

ready made trnasformer are u insane...............do u know that good looking bobins r available in the market with a cooper shield any txfr will look like ready made.........
Neways u wanna see pcb layout .....ok and for videos just hold on...................

regards
sekhar

Now its clear for all members at the forums, sekhar is a company or something like that, he is after commercial products, i am following all his topics at diyaudio, he is making a commercial product, while claiming a DIY x-(

sekhar

cobra net .......................it is very clear that u cannot provide any useful information other than arguing about my smps is commercial or nt.................. I told u I am Gonna Share my work but ur attitude seems very bad ...........Neways mr corbranet many diyers will be upset with u it will be only cause of u i would not share my work .....as u see i have given almost everything in the other forum including videos, pictures ........parts of pcb layouts etc but nt here and its only cause of u .........So Enjoy ur Self......

regards
sekhar

Warning System

Warning Issued
Warning

Now its clear for all members at the forums, sekhar is a company or something like that, he is after commercial products, i am following all his topics at diyaudio, he is making a commercial product, while claiming a DIY x-(

Personal attacks are not allowed in any way, cobranet, warning issued.

Sekhar, we apologies

CobraNet

I have made a pfc for the front end of my smps ........
It works great for 450W in 230V . But when ever i go down below 130V in the input the the pfc diode HFA08TB60 becomes very hot and tends to blow it self.
I thought due to high current the diode was blowing up but when I changed the diode to HFA25TB60 the pfc lost its power factor and the inductor Makes strange noise.....
Any idea why this is happening......
Does this have to do any thing with reverse recover issue of the bigger diode....
I am completely lost any help would be great ....

i am using UC3854 as my pfc controller and the basic Schematic from the datasheet.....

regards
sekhar

Good luck with your new 700KHz SMPS ((@ ((@ ((@

IGBT

Switching Fanatic!
did you manage to solve this problem by now?

I am facing same issue, please help me