SG3525 Driving Full Bridge

twenglish1

I have been doing lots of reading on the SG3525 PWM IC, i drew up this schematic and am wondering if it will work for driving a full bridge inverter? i understand that i am not using the SG3525 to its full potential in this schematic

Attachments

• SG3525 Full Bridge Driver.jpg
    SG3525 Full Bridge Driver.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 572

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
I have been doing lots of reading on the SG3525 PWM IC, i drew up this schematic and am wondering if it will work for driving a full bridge inverter? i understand that i am not using the SG3525 to its full potential in this schematic

There are many ways of building a full bridge converter with SG3525, or any other chip with same functions.

Your idea will work, without problems, but you have to test it only at first.

Other options is to use 2 Chips of IR2110 and that's it

Regards

twenglish1

I will also look into the IR2110 option, and understand the importance of testing the driver before connecting it to the IGBTs, once I get this circuit built, I will test and post the waveforms

twenglish1

I could not find the option to edit, but i also have one more question, when choosing the ferrite torroid for the gate drive transformer what should i look for? i was told to avoid the toroids used in AC line filtering, so where should i look for a torroid? I would prefer to buy over salvage that way i know what i am getting

KX36

Digikey, mouser, RS, Farnell etc. That's where I get E cores too. e.g. EF25 core and accessories I'm shopping for now are £12 on eBay but £2.50 on Farnell.

twenglish1

I will do some experimenting with some cores I have salvaged, if I cannot get the correct waveforms then I will buy some cores that I know will work, just waiting for some parts to come in then I will build and start testing my sg3525 driver

stewin

merry CHRISTmass to you all :D

hi all does any one have an effective working protection schema to use with sg3525??

stewin

merry CHRISTmass to you all :D

hi all does any one have an effective working protection schema to use with sg3525??

gloriel

hi Stewin. for sg3525 i make a long pcb trace to provide 0.35mohm as current sense resistor as you can see the yellow mark at picture
Gb PSU.JPG

Last edited:

gloriel

yes i i have made some of Clas H psu using GDT, fullbridge topologi. Transformer core are EE65 for -120 -60 CT 60 120 and EE 70 for -150-75 CT 75 150. unregulated
2014-12-03 09.01.30.jpg