1kW smps project (based on MicrosiM design)

stewin

is that former n87 the one used by labgruppen in their amps 10000wts?

Attachments

• FP10000Q_ 04.jpg
    FP10000Q_ 04.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 285
  • FP10000Q_12.jpg
    FP10000Q_12.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 351
  • FP10000Q_08.jpg
    FP10000Q_08.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 205
  • 49.jpg
    49.jpg
    443 KB · Views: 249

ironhide

Hi Microsim and Ludo, Great design . I want to make one but i want at most 300 W at 12 V as bench supply for my robotics.. I have never made an SMPS before so can I use this design to get a 300 W smps or this design will be an over kill for my needs ?.
And as I don't need more power how can I make this Design more cost effective say by using smaller core than ETD49 etc ... or is there any other DIY project for less than 400w SMPS.
As for experience in Electronics. I know about Digital electronics never went to power side so I am fairly new to this thing..

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Microsim and Ludo, Great design . I want to make one but i want at most 300 W at 12 V as bench supply for my robotics.. I have never made an SMPS before so can I use this design to get a 300 W smps or this design will be an over kill for my needs ?.
And as I don't need more power how can I make this Design more cost effective say by using smaller core than ETD49 etc ... or is there any other DIY project for less than 400w SMPS.
As for experience in Electronics. I know about Digital electronics never went to power side so I am fairly new to this thing..

I am not sure if PC power supply will work for your application? or you need variable Voltage / Current?

ironhide

No Variable voltage or Current are not required .... All I need is a 12 V power supply capable of providing around 25 A of Current.. to drive 5 50W motors ...

ironhide

Hi Microsim,
I have decided to work on this one... Although there are many DIY related to modifying PC PSU to get such supplies those will always remain a mystery if they break down as to why did they broke down.. This project is crystal clear we have AC to DC conversion then a high frequency PWM generator connected to Mosfet driver to Mosfets which currently are switched at 50% pwm going to tansformer which gives us isolation from mains to again ultra-fast rectifier to filters and we are done also there is Short circuit protection too which i have to see how it is working .... what I will do is take output to 15 V from SMPS and add voltage regulator to get 12 V ....

ironhide

Hi I am going to use the version 3.11 PCB layout by ludo directly. I am not going to modify anything... and here is what I Intend, the circuit I am showing in attachment I got info about it from http://hmin.tripod.com/als/fsmyth/pages/analogs6.html#APS627 : will help me even get a variable regulated output at high currents ... so I need to make a smps which gives 36 V output at 300 - 360 W and then i will add this circuit to out put of SMPS to gain a variable power supply. I haven't fine tuned this circuit so there will be few errors. So my question is can I attach this circuit to output of Ludo's SMPS ?

Attachments

• Variable power.jpg
    Variable power.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 315

michelle

smps supply 1200 watts

SMPS the simplest one WORKING

warm regards
michelle

Attachments

• DSCN3527.jpg
    DSCN3527.jpg
    672 KB · Views: 623

stewin

hi guys, i have these cores i think they're E65/62 cores can they work with a IGBT30n60d to produce over 5kw power? I found them in an old ups as inductors.
please help.

Attachments

• Pic_1101_004.jpg
    Pic_1101_004.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 77
  • Pic_1101_003.jpg
    Pic_1101_003.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 55
  • Pic_1101_005.jpg
    Pic_1101_005.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 51
  • Pic_1101_002.jpg
    Pic_1101_002.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 60

michelle

smps supply 1200 watts

Hi Microsim
greetings first smps learnt something any 2 kw smps schematic to share ETD 59 CORE i have
this smps no protection just simple one easy for newbie to make

warm regards
michelle:)

Attachments

• DSCN3541.jpg
    DSCN3541.jpg
    381.6 KB · Views: 341
  • DSCN3538.jpg
    DSCN3538.jpg
    693.5 KB · Views: 331
  • DSCN3537.jpg
    DSCN3537.jpg
    652.8 KB · Views: 234

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Micheal

There is no relation between schematics and power of the SMPS.

Get ETD59, Litz wire, and good driver for IGBTs and GOOD IGBTs like 30N60A4d, and make your tests.

I can guid you to get 2KW from ETD59, prepare your stuff

Regards

michelle

Hi Microsim
greetings i have a smps from a audio amplifier both igbt are short can irf460 be used just to get it working then i can change to igbt
warm regards
michelle

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Microsim
greetings i have a smps from a audio amplifier both igbt are short can irf460 be used just to get it working then i can change to igbt
warm regards
michelle

I have to take a look at the schematic if you have it or the amplifier first.

irvynejay

what design should i use for it SG+2110??ill post the part number of igbt i have maybe you can help me to built this smps

ive try to install this on 1.2kw smps of detex its working but it has 21v per laps on secondary i need new design to test it

Last edited:

exflaco

Irvi you can stack 2 cores etd 49 same detex schem and use igbt ,2000w easy ,or ir2153,more totem pole and igbt (yamaha schem)

irvynejay

Thanx Exflaco do you have schematic of yamaha Used?is it possible to use igbt on Detex 1.2kw with that oscillator transformer