2 kwts discreet class d need help

irvynejay

ok i already have several class d amp base on ir 2110 i just want to use 2 to 3 pairs by adding toten pole so that the ir2110 wont get stress ,,i want to use irfb4227 2 to3 pairs, now i use 2 pairs irfp250 it works good but i notice ir2110 is bit hot ...Does my schematic is correct only value are wrong?

I'm too newbie for this sorry

irvynejay

re edit

norazmi ,,pls see correction if its correct many thanx

Attachments

• ir2110 with toten pole.JPG
    ir2110 with toten pole.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 275

pergo

you need some pull down resistors, and increase the bootstrap cap C1 to not less 47uF. I suggest BD139-BD140 instead of 2x2n5551 and 2x2n5401. BDs are 1.5A continuous current.

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
yup BD`s trans is good too, even u can double it. make it 3A cont current. You can always use 2N or BD`s trans depends what u have with you, benefit is with 2N u will need more than BD`s because 2N only have 600ma current. So BD`s trans will save ur space. I`m still design ltspice simulation and not finish yet. with totem pole ir2110 chip will run more cool because of totem pole driver take place to supply current at mosfet gate.

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
opss, im forgot, u need 10k resistor from gate to source for each mosfet after 4.7 ohm resistor.

irvynejay

v1

im grateful for your replies norazmi, pergo and stewin

re edit pls verify

What about MJE340/350 can it be used?

Attachments

• ir2110 with toten pole v1.JPG
    ir2110 with toten pole v1.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 195

irvynejay

Pergo mje340/350 have 500ma collector current and bd139/140 has 1.5a which is good to use

and what do you mean (p.s: need pull down also at the IR outputs)

can you draw simple schematic pls

pergo

sorry i think at MJE243G and 253G :D :D 4 Amperes

I don't know if IR2010 has internal pull down resistor at its output. If not, 100k resistor is fine (from pin7 to pin5, and from pin1 to -90V)

Last edited:

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
mje340/350 is slow when working with high freq and not fast enough. it may cause overheat on it. BDs is ok. But u can try it with small power like +/- 30 vdc for testing. The simulation work good with totem pole but i do with dual aux supply.

irvynejay

toten

Thanx norazmi on what part you use dual supply..?? can you draw schematic pls

found new but i dont know if it works

Attachments

• 1.2a.JPG
    1.2a.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 212
  • v1.2.JPG
    v1.2.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 213

irvynejay

pergo do you advice to use that transistors?i can get those and try i just need confirmation if my post on #306 is correct

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
irvy, u can use double bd139 and 140 per side. So u can have 3 ampere already. Dual aux supply for the +15 vdc for each side, hi and lo.

irvynejay

with aux supply and db

norazmi ty pls check,,what about the ground of auxiliary supply is this correct?

Attachments

• toten bds.JPG
    toten bds.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 125
  • toten db x2.JPG
    toten db x2.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 138

pergo

pergo do you advice to use that transistors?i can get those and try i just need confirmation if my post on #306 is correct

for me, yes, no problem with MJE243G or MJE253G.

p.s: previously i wrote BD441 and BD442. They're good up to 200kHz (tested). For higher f_oscillation i can't test them. They are 3MHz-only device.

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
Irvy yup, nice schema, remember to have aux supply feed with -ve and GND like usual :D by using mje13007 or any higher voltage npn transistor.