Dx Mako - The power machine

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
MAKO was tested at 350W RMS at 4 ohms

I have to test it at 500 Watts RMS - 4 ohms and distortion smaller (THD) than 0.004%.

You see, wiring is the most crazy possible...length is too much.... wires too much close one to the other... long wires interconnecting drivers bases ...all crazy things done and no oscilation or signal of unstability....so.... passed this way will be super stable in a decent pcboard Alex mm will produce.

I will install another supply in paralel...maybe another transformer only..to be able to check it at 500 watts continuously...because short therm peaks i already have.

The real amplifier will have 12 pairs in the output...all them huge transistors and heatsink will be at least twice the size you see... also fan blower will be used as auxiliary cooling system.

This will turn the amplifier able to face very low impedance loads..and supply may be a SMPS ...a 7 Kilowatts supply or two 3.5 kilowatts units

Well...this is for monster users... as they can install a very low impedance in the output (several speakers) and the amplifier must survive.

I am slowly building as i am busy... having students learning audio electronics inside my home everyday.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Luca Student (2).jpg
    Luca Student (2).jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 48
  • Luca Student (1).jpg
    Luca Student (1).jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 350W tested.jpg
    350W tested.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 109

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
MAKO is beeing tested!

[video=youtube;wauCf7V3ck4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wauCf7V3ck4[/video]I continue to test the MAKO, and i am very satisfied with the performance and reliability obtained during some torture testings.

regards,

Carlos:)

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
Dead line is approaching.. soon, more action in the world DIY comunity

[video=youtube;qh8kQL91KB8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh8kQL91KB8[/video]

No, i cannot give you details for a while...this design was promissed to this forum owner as an exclusive design to SMPS forum.... this forum had or still has, intentions to provide boards, not only to this forum users but to whole world.

Sadly the dead line for payment is approaching and seems to me the business will not have a good end,banks seems creating troubles... then the design will be opened to the whole world and will be published in www.diyaudio.com, solid state section, with the name MAKO.... then you will be able to have it, to build it by yourself and to use boards layout provided by Alex mm..... i am Destroyer x there too as nick name....also there's a thread opened there about MAKO too.

PC Board layout was not made yet because the circuit is a secret, promissed as exclusive to Mr. Microsim, the forum owner.... but soon our arrange may finish as i can forecast after monthes waiting it to finish, then Alex mm (Rumania) will receive schematic and all details in order to produce boards.... of course a detailed description of this amplifier, how it works, currents, voltages, circuit solutions and tips and tricks will be provided.

About this forum...if negotiation find a good end, then decisions about this amplifier destiny will be taken by Microsim..what to do, what to say, what to provide will be his decisions about and you should contact him after my announcement the deal was made, and the amplifier will be free to release to audiophiles .... and i will not have any power about the amplifier..but i will be HERE, for one year (at least) watching forum daily, helping builders, explaining the details that would have permission to explain and so on.

I suggest you sir, to wait a little bit, as this is just to be decided, and then you will have lovely boards from this forum, with low price and very high quality, or will have the plans that allow you to build it by yourself and to enjoy the maximum in audio quality i could achieve after 50 long years of research.

In my mind, and heart, what is priority is to provide good designs to the communitty... if the circuit is exclusive or not does not matter to me... want things running, things happening..low talk and high levels of activity and people becoming happy building my amplifiers, enjoying it, publishing pictures and sending me mails with thanks or questions how to debug problems of their own home made units.

This amplifier is the last model created, from a long series of amplifiers designed, offered to the comunitty as DIY products, and around 1000 guys have assembled my units.

Group buys where created in Brasil and also in one international forum.... there we could provide more than 500 boards from several amplifiers that where built around this big world, from North to South and East to West.... all world countries have someone that has built Dx amplifiers.

Other 500 guys (more than) have built by themselves, in Brazil and also in the International audio community.... they have etched their own boards at home and produced their amplifiers, they have sent me reviews and also pictures showing their amplifiers..and many of them where posted inside videos made using pictures in motion.

Models produced:

Dx amplifier
HRII (High Resolution II)
Precision I
DHR Turbo (Dx High Resolution Turbo II)
The Trust
Fokker
Troyan
Dx Blame ES
Dx Blame ST
Dx Blame MKII
Dx Blame MKII Supercharged
Dx MKIII

I have build, at my home, more than 5000 audio power amplifiers, since 1969...they were built and tested, compared and evaluated, and them dismounted to allow me to produce others using the same parts..this way, parts being the same, avoids suspections that some amplifier may be sounding better than other because of parts...i tried to use only the same old parts to check what circuits sounds better, and what combination of subcircuits sounds better.

No!, i am not the best.... i am one of the good ones...maybe we are hundred guys in this world.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
I am still tweaking the MAKO.[video=youtube;vILktUetLXI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vILktUetLXI[/video]

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
[video=youtube;8ucjJVbhrII]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ucjJVbhrII[/video]As i am having some free time, i am sbmiting MAKO to some torture.

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
Playing with the prototype

[video=youtube;ObkBxewQVyA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObkBxewQVyA[/video]Playing with the MAKO prototype... kidding.... having fun...alike a naugthy boy...beeing very bad...some torture..some non sense.

regards,

Carlos

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
Playing with the MAKO...now 0.9 ohms shorting the output

[video=youtube;0nudS98IH2s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nudS98IH2s[/video]I love to be playing.

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
Dx variable speed fan blower for audio amplifier cooling

[video=youtube;sFWAAGg0mNY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFWAAGg0mNY[/video]Enjoy a new toy to play with.

regards,

Carlos

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
Alex mm made his first study to produce the MAKO pcboard

This one is his first try....other images will come while he goes progressing.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• DX MAKO AUDIO AMPLIFIER (1).pdf
    205.6 KB · Views: 491

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
Alex mm is producing MAKO pcboard layout... will produce gerbers soon

The MAKO board is being studied.... nice work from Alex mm, our Alexandru from Rumania.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• MAKO BOARD.jpg
    MAKO BOARD.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 171

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
Alex mm, Alexandru from Rumania... a genius about pcboard layout design

Made a new study about.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• DX MAKO PHOTO PCB.jpg
    DX MAKO PHOTO PCB.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 173

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
Wait some time more....you gonna have it...one way or other you gonna have it

You will do it.....wait some time...i do think before July 20 we gonna have things running....the idea is this forum provide you boards at a very nice price....the worst option will be this schematic published in www.diyaudio - solid state section...then you will have to etch boards by yourself and wait someone there decide to open a group buy to provide boards for our community....welll...just a matter of time....July for this forum if things happens the way we want, or some monthes more waiting in the diyaudio forum....there you will have to etch your own boards.

Well...DIY is interested to produce this schematic too....this can happens there too...SMPS has priority to have it...but may loose this advantage after July 20.

This forum doing what we have arranged in february, then it will have exclusive rights to explore the amplifier the way forum owner wants....and them schematic may be provided or not...maybe instructions and values printed over the board as guide to people to assemble without the need to publish schematic and values.....when we publish, trhen Chinese produce copies and non authorized clones starts to be offered in E Bay....not a very good idea to publish schematic...i will try to avoid that...i do prefere frouns exploring than to have some chinese producing copies to sell in E Bay.

Be patient....this amplifier deserves some time waiting...it is really powerfull and reliable....sound is awsome...overall quality is above many famous professional high priced power amplifiers....some of them have more price than power and audio quality.

MAKO will produce power under very low distortion....and this goal only few guys have achieved...it is really super special...not a common, not a simple and not an common generic amplifier...it is a rarity in power and audio quality...to have something alike you have to spent 10 thousand dollars for a single mono unit....building it, as DIY, you may spenj 1000 USD, but will have same performance by 1/10 from the commercial price....also you can start with smaller supplies and less power output transistors and go increasing it's power and performance step by step in the long run....can make it for 200 watts and then upgrade it to 1 or even two kilowatts each channel....and i willl help builders, here, or in the diyaudio forum for 1 year long after amplifier release date.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
MAKO reproduces a nice treble too.

[video=youtube;SSeazJijgq4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSeazJijgq4[/video]Digital cameras, at least the entry level ones, does not produce nice audio recordings...usually high frequencies are supressed or distorted.... also dinamics are not fine...well..audio recorded by digital cameras does not make justice with any power amplifier...here you have Mako playing some treble.... the real thing is 10 times better.

regards,

Carlos

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
MAKO reproduces high frequencies very well.

[video=youtube;Z7tk7dZSCdI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7tk7dZSCdI[/video]Here another recording, this time not more a Sony DSC-S2000..... this time using an old Canon A310...you see the recording is also not fine.

regards,

Carlos

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
MAKO sonics

[video=youtube;IbGE4i-uxXE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbGE4i-uxXE[/video]Sound of MAKO....recorded very badly using am awfull camera (quality is terrible)

regards,

Carlos

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
MAKO power is a nightmare.... too much powerfull...may crack your walls

I tried MAKO connected to internet (audio from my HP Notebook).... man!.... aphocaliptic sound!... everything shaking here... windows almost broke, doors shaking, things moving in the floor... floor vibrating...walls may crack if not well constructed...my ears felt pain...too much power..alike an earthquake...crazy sound..to demolition... to destruction... really too much strong....and i am using a weak supply...ahahahahah!... this one may be one of the most powerfull amplifier ever made in class AB, and DIY.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Aphocaliptic, demolition thing, earthquake..crazy power.jpg
    Aphocaliptic, demolition thing, earthquake..crazy power.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 18

Yosemite

Mr Carlos

This amplifier looks nice with lot of power, why you are using that huge amount of power transistors? for 500W only? other on the web uses 4 pairs and 500W

If i am correct, this forum will own that amplifier? schematics will be shown to one who buy amplifier?

thank you