Problem with IR2153 SMPS

michelle

ocp for ir2153

Hi Microsim
greetings do you have any ocp protection schematic for IR2153 SMPS my current sensing protection not working
1 555 ocp
2 tl431 and opto 817
is hiccup method ocp better
warm regards
michelle

Attachments

• DSCN3811.jpg
    DSCN3811.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 98

michelle

Hi Wally7856
greetings thanks for replying the second circuit preset r8 has no value and q4 q3 very kind of you for helping
warm regards
michelle

wally7856

II do not know anything about these circuits. They were placed on the forum by others. The first may have been Micosim.

Sorry about the size of the drawings they reduced about 50% from the size i had. I do not see any option to upload it any bigger.

michelle

ocp for ir2153

Hi Wally
greetings since there are very few ocp schematics for ir2153 can we control and shutdown ac input to smps if ac current exceeds 10 amps
thats 2200 watts almost same power smps can handle its peak power this small circuit has hall effect sensor and not to easy to make
whats your opinion hall sensor on underside of pcb
warm regards
michelle

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 152

wally7856

I think anything on the AC side will be way to slow to save a semiconductor. If you want a current shutdown in the KW range you should use a current transformer in the drain lead of one of the power switching Fets.

I will try uploading the second drawing again. I blew it up on my screen and re-saved it. This one uses a current transformer.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    155.4 KB · Views: 201

wally7856

I made a mistake in the last post, the current transformer goes in one of the transformer leads. The drawing is nice and big now to.

michelle

simple smps IR2153 LOAD TESTING WITH OCP CURRENT SENSING TRANSFORMER

Hi Irvynejay
greetings nice to see your smps working
warm regards
michele

Attachments

• DSC00956.jpg
    DSC00956.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 126

eusebio

Hi mates I am interested in the design of this source go smps 2153 thank you for your cooperation and mosfet IR2153 my disposal of transformer ir460 etd42 greetings from Colombia

protech1104

I found a small company that sold me the complete work of a smps 1000w 100 euros. pcb. component link. cheap. easy to find. discrete component. PC40 toroidal. instruction for winding. absolutely everything. and smps. working after 1 year. it's free right?