Quasar 1000w smps

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
Not realy!
I will use this design, if checked, for a universal µC battery charger: add CC/CV, balancing and µC-management. I built all my electronics myself, i´d like to know what is in use and the function of the electronic.
Therefore, DIY, but no plagiat, show, learn and built our own equipment.
I don´t like to supply directly the audio amplifier with SMPS, its my opinion, the best sound comes out directly connected batteries. The power supply needs to be very very quiet!
Today, the newest battery technologies allows to charge safety batteries in a few hours...
And there are a lot of audio equipment to be powered: MM/MC-preamplifier, preamplifier, amplifier and I don´t care if tube (my preference) or solid state: all at low output power.

That schematic looks clean.

You draw the schematic yourself or is it a design made by other company?

I dont know why you are using IRFP240, I had bad experience with IRFP240, but IRFP460C is a better option.

I am checking the other parts of circuit.

You are one of few who like to power the Audio Equipments from Battries, they are the ultimate solution for cleanest power source by the way.

j-paul64

Batteries are to handle with care. A lot of encapsulated energie! And clean, I know, and its the most important feature of the best amplifier: its subjectif, but they sounds better...
I draw the schematics myself. I think I have a lot of experience with electronic designs, mostly low power analog and digital. The company is the company of my wife, dont care.
I use for rapid prototyping EAGLE and for difficult and expensive developements ZUKEN.