DX Blame MKIII -HX

Lira

Sorry, i was asking because i have this transformer in my hands! About your speakers, i have the materials and everything i need except the spiders, i'm looking for softer ones. There used to be a guy that made for me many spiders but unfortunatly he disappeared, and here i´m only finding the hard ones that is not good for linear response. And i still want the those sets of boards.

I was following the thread, by my cellphone, and i asked that question from there, i need some time to seat and read about the board to assemble.

Thanks for your reply and sorry to ask about the transformer, i really didn't read about it, next time i´ll search first than ask questions later.

Thanks

Lira

Lira

Desculpe, eu estava perguntando porque eu tenho esse transformador em minhas mãos! Sobre os alto-falantes, eu tenho os materiais e tudo que eu preciso, exceto as aranhas, que estou procurando os mais macios. Costumava haver um cara que fez para mim muitas aranhas mas, infelizmente, ele desapareceu, e aqui eu só estou encontrando as rígidas que não é bom para a resposta linear. E eu ainda quero os conjuntos aqueles de placas.

Eu estava seguindo o thread, pelo meu celular, e eu fiz essa pergunta a partir daí, eu preciso de algum tempo para sentar e ler sobre a placa para montar.

Obrigado por sua resposta e desculpa para perguntar sobre o transformador, eu realmente não li sobre isso, da próxima vez eu vou procurar primeiro do que fazer perguntas depois.

Obrigado

Lira

Lira

By the way i was meaning the full PSU (+64Vcc 0V -64Vcc), not only the transformer.

A proposito, eu estava tentando dizer a fonte ja retificada, não apenas o trafo.

Thanks, Obrigado,

Lira

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
I see..... i understood... cel phone is not easy to follow big threads

64 volts is fine....your output power will depend your transformer power..... for instance.... just as a crazy example, that you have a 100 watts transformer to feed two channels...then you will have 64 volts but only 50 watts to each amplifier...efficiency is 60 percent (more or less)...then 30 watts to each channel will be your output power...you can reduce your speaker impedance and no magic will happens.... we will not be able to create energy... audio amplifier power depends on transformer power because the transformer energy is what is manipulated to generate our audio.

Tell me if you understood the english, if not i will produce portuguese text to your home adress.

Video explains what i think about preamplifiers.[video=youtube;VOJ4S9aTCPY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOJ4S9aTCPY[/video]

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:

hfuzie

Cards received, wonderful and very beautiful
Thank meanman64 an x destroyer

Attachments

• DSC00439.JPG
    DSC00439.JPG
    319.9 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC00433.JPG
    DSC00433.JPG
    314.6 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC00431.JPG
    DSC00431.JPG
    316.5 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC00442.JPG
    DSC00442.JPG
    314 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC00436.JPG
    DSC00436.JPG
    305.6 KB · Views: 25

Lira

Thanks Carlos, don't worry about the english stuff, because its my second native language (I use it everytime at work).

Looking foward to build my DX!

Thanks!

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
I am glad to know you have received

Hfuzie and Mobenaus....enjoy dear friends.

Great that you have as a second language Lira..... i am still learning...sorry my bad english.

regards,

Carlos

Lira

I'm still learning too, and your english is great, i see many people at work that tries to speak in english and speak gibberish. Very funny!

Marmotus

It`s Raining Boards!!!! (arrival song)

My sincere respects to all who made this possible, trusting, giving, sharing and working for a better humankind.

Cheers,

Marmotus

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
Nice way to say thanks Marmotus

Be sure i am happy...and for sure Patrick is happy too.

Enjoy.

Attached picture is the animal called Marmota.... i suppose was this name that inspired our friend Marmotus.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Marmota.jpg
    Marmota.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 6

Marmotus

Dear Carlos,
You must be a clairvoyant! That name is a longlasting joke with a lovely brother in law, becoming a classic 27 years old one between us.
It's in some surrealist way related to the little savage being size...
Mais certo, é o tamanho do bichinho... prazer de ter sido jovens!!!
hehehe
Cheers
Marmotus

Marmotus

My little treasure

I know, I know ... little bit out of topic, but I'm trying to post pictures... you'll understand.
See my little treasure, 35 years untouched ... (is afraid, DX Blame MKIII HX's at home)
Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_3482c.JPG
    IMG_3482c.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 54

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
This one reminds me a Trio Kenwood

looks lovely and for sure sounds good...but the Blame will eat this little beauty in the breakfast.

Keep this one distant or it may suicide because jellows and sadness.....power on lamp will blow out when the big brother Blame start to shake your home.

Ahahaha!...or in your language jejejeje!

El pobre va a ser muy triste

Carlos

Last edited:

Marmotus

You are right, Uncle!!! Lágrimas de envidia!
This is a Kenwood model 600, if you have to own a vintage classic amp and want it not only to be a beautiful paperweight, this is it!
This one is the base I own to put our blame in...., a Korean INKEL (manufacturer of Sherwood, fron LG group) a 200w channel old av amp (dead because a rare double fet differential imput amp).
Cheers,
Marcelo Marmotus

Attachments

• 4-1204272778.jpg
    4-1204272778.jpg
    337.8 KB · Views: 47

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
Heheheheh....i do not know...only scope.... i don't think so..but i am not sure

I suggest you not to try to measure THD..... well...this is one more manipulated standard thing that says almost nothing or half of nothing...good for advertisement but it is not a guarantee of quality...i could listen 1 percent distortion sounding lovely in some Mcintosh.... also i could listen a chip with only 0.002% THD souding awfull....there are much more than distortion...we have the sonic signature and intermodulation.

Manipulated because based in 1 Kilohertz....nice numbers...but when you go to 20 kilohertz things changes a lot...or when you try to have your distortion at 10 hertz you will be surprised.

It is one of the biggest bull shots we can have in this life.... if you understand what is bull shot (sheet)...because what means an amplifier alike ours that is 0.005% THD or less when your speaker will distort more than 1 percent.

What harmonics you have as the main ones generated.... the ones are the dominant.... this is what matters....some likes the second, they say sounds alike tubes...and tubes distorts as a hell and we like....tubes are the perfect demonstration of things that measures awfully and sound lovely.

Well...if you want..then search for a distortion meter..try one HP, an analog one..you will need generators too to help you..sometimes this meter already have but external auxiliary ones are a great idea too.

Sound must be good to you..to your ears..to your feeling....music must bring you emotion...do not
worry too much with numbers...i use them because audiophile beginners that believes in these numbers..also some audiots too...you guys, more skilled, will see that numbers are for competition between engineers....and they could be good if you could have instruments going to shopping ...but what goes to the shops to buy audio equipments are humans...and humans use ears to listen..numbers are not that important for our ears...our ears does not listen numbers...only sound of music.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• equipments shopping.jpg
    equipments shopping.jpg
    503 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

giololucas

I suggest you not to try to measure THD..... well...this is one more manipulated standard thing that says almost nothing or half of nothing...good for advertisement but it is not a guarantee of quality...i could listen 1 percent distortion sounding lovely in some Mcintosh.... also i could listen a chip with only 0.002% THD souding awfull....there are much more than distortion...we have the sonic signature and intermodulation.

Manipulated because based in 1 Kilohertz....nice numbers...but when you go to 20 kilohertz things changes a lot...or when you try to have your distortion at 10 hertz you will be surprised.

It is one of the biggest bull shots we can have in this life.... if you understand what is bull shot (sheet)...because what means an amplifier alike ours that is 0.005% THD or less when your speaker will distort more than 1 percent.

What harmonics you have as the main ones generated.... the ones are the dominant.... this is what matters....some likes the second, they say sounds alike tubes...and tubes distorts as a hell and we like....tubes are the perfect demonstration of things that measures awfully and sound lovely.

Well...if you want..then search for a distortion meter..try one HP, an analog one..you will need generators too to help you..sometimes this meter already have but external auxiliary ones are a great idea too.

Sound must be good to you..to your ears..to your feeling....music must bring you emotion...do not
worry too much with numbers...i use them because audiophile beginners that believes in these numbers..also some audiots too...you guys, more skilled, will see that numbers are for competition between engineers....and they could be good if you could have instruments going to shopping ...but what goes to the shops to buy audio equipments are humans...and humans use ears to listen..numbers are not that important for our ears...our ears does not listen numbers...only sound of music.

regards,

Carlos

Ok, Thanks.