Class D 200 Wrms with 2 mosfet cheap

gloriel

norazmi i need help for my 3 pairs mosfet im using irfp250n i want to load at 2.6 or 2 ohms for high voltage at +/-98 vdc plz plz irfp250n can handle this specs that i wanted. coz i have here 70 0 70 ac trafo 12 amps i need your assistance sir...or wat mosfet that im going to use for compatible this kind of specs that i want.thank you

hi john,

Mr. Norazmi no post for long time. for high voltage pls go to irfb4020 or irfb4227.

stewin

norazmi i need help for my 3 pairs mosfet im using irfp250n i want to load at 2.6 or 2 ohms for high voltage at +/-98 vdc plz plz irfp250n can handle this specs that i wanted. coz i have here 70 0 70 ac trafo 12 amps i need your assistance sir...or wat mosfet that im going to use for compatible this kind of specs that i want.thank you

irfp4668 will do with that impedance and that voltage but irfp250n to be safe go with +/-75vlts at 2ohms and try aud 6 ver 1.1

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class-d/166214-ucd-25-watts-1200-watts-using-2-mosfets-310.html

pravpa

Mr. Admistrator,
PLEASE DO CLOSE THIS THREAD...BEACAUSE LIKE ME THERE MANY NEWCOMERS ARE FOLLOWING THIS THREAD..
DO STORE ALL THE DATA OF THIS THREAD SOMEWHERE ON YOUR SERVER FOR FUTURE ELECTRONICS HOBBYIST.

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
Mr. Admistrator,
PLEASE DO CLOSE THIS THREAD...BEACAUSE LIKE ME THERE MANY NEWCOMERS ARE FOLLOWING THIS THREAD..
DO STORE ALL THE DATA OF THIS THREAD SOMEWHERE ON YOUR SERVER FOR FUTURE ELECTRONICS HOBBYIST.

Why that should happen?

SR-been

Here again, this one i already made and success, idk if this amp can provide true 200 wrms but i aim at least 100 wrms, tested run with +- 45 vdc both linear supply and smps, 4 ohm still running cool, mosfet i use irf540 and irf9540, 1 uf filter cap, t106-2 iron powder core 22 uh. i`ll post later some of my picture finish amp and its small :p

credit goes to owner edtagle i think hes name at forosdeelectronica forum. :D

here is the schematic attach.

A friend of my and i have started this amplifier,as soon as we try it we will give some comments and comparings with some other amplifiers. Thi will be my first D-class amp...

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
hi there,
sorry for long time I'm not online because I'm not in well condition. but now I'm back to normal and still continue with diysmps forum.

thanks to microsim because diysmps is still alive and running

regards
azmi

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
Many ppls trying to push this amp from its original design out of the limits, this amp suitable for medium use and not extreme, if you want more power then use only N-channel fet and go to irs2092 non ucd or fully discrete class d amp, class D amp wih N and P channel fets have thier own limits since p channel is slower than n channel, or even more power with totem pole to have more fets in parallel. Selected core material is important and known its power capability is another issue. T106-2 is stable so far for class d design or even ferrite core with air gaps is good too. i`ve made many of class D amp, some with modification and some is not, and i already post ocp protection too for class D amp which is good to save ur amp from burning. yet my ocp does not failed in operation and save lots of money and amp.

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
hi there,
sorry for long time I'm not online because I'm not in well condition. but now I'm back to normal and still continue with diysmps forum.

regards
azmi

A big welcome to our friend norazmi, and I wish you a good health all the time.

Thank you for your support.

gloriel

Welcome back NurAzmi

hi there,

regards
azmi

welcome back Nurazmi..., big huge

to obtain more power from this amp.., just BTL them like EON15XX active speaker from jbl

btw i am waiting for your asistant to make irs2092 amp. i have about 10 this ic and some of irfb4227 and irfb4020

regards.

Glo

tom42107

I noticed that the schematic of the Detex amp is a bit different than the pcb artwork with the component overlay posted in the .zip file. Does anyone know which is the more current version?

renotrend

hi all

i have set up this amp use SMPS

the result is amazing,
i test with 1 pair speaker RCF 15"+tweter
thanks All

[video=youtube;83q8MJx98IM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83q8MJx98IM[/video]

tom42107

I was wondering which version of the two mosfet amp is the right one. They are different and I was wanting to put together a parts list but I'm not sure which one I should go off of. Thanks.

Class D.jpgClass D 2.jpg

Let me know if I need to make the images bigger.

gloriel

firs is right. you can not revome ZD from BD139/140 base... or the mosfet will die

Last edited:

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
hi all

i have set up this amp use SMPS

the result is amazing,
i test with 1 pair speaker RCF 15"+tweter
thanks All

[video=youtube;83q8MJx98IM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83q8MJx98IM[/video]

lol, its big speaker, renotrend make proper inductor filter, you can use any pc psu e core EI or EE to get 33uh or 40 uh with 470NF filter caps with good result. and the ferrite core of course need an air gap, or simply use tv ferrite trafo which already have an airgap at center. to get more power with current design dont up the rail voltage more than +-50vdc but you can simply bridge it. minimum load 4 ohm.