Scale able class D 1250W UCD style and Non-UCD style - PCB Ready. Tested.

stewin

hi guys it seems like i have to swallow my words. this amp works fine i think with only low voltage .
>>>>i used irfp250 also changed to the wonderful irfb4227 but they all got hot at high voltage.
the high voltage i am talking about is +/- 60vlts 1 amps.

with both i tried adjusting the c 9 up to 15nf but it only reduced the heat but it did not eliminate it. the famous irfb4227 got more hot x-( x-( than the irfp250 . in both cases i used two pairs of each. below is the pcb and schema

http://www.diysmps.com/forums/showt...PCB-Ready.-Tested.&p=6425&viewfull=1#post6425

Attachments

• DSC01480.jpg
    DSC01480.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC01483.jpg
    DSC01483.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC01484.jpg
    DSC01484.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 48

apollo10

pawan, the amplifier was tested? :)
Stewin, did you mange to solve the overheat problem of the mosfets on high voltage? P.S nice work with the latest board

Last edited:

Dzony_988

stewin, do you tested on +-50V? Are mosfets hot?
Maybe u can try feedback like in ucd version?

Last edited:

stewin

i tested at +/-45vlts 10amps spkr4ohms the fets were cold and without a heatsink even if i drived them hard for a long time. but at +/-60vlts 2amps with or without load the fets were hot after a few seconds :( :(

Dzony_988

High freq may cause heating, but you reduce it with 15n, also wrong gate resistor... You use totem pole BJT's with two pairs, try without it, only one pair, maybe problem is with it.. Chack voltage at TL074, it have to be 5.1V beacuse I think that voltage have something with triangle wave form, chack aux +12V.. I really dont understand what is the problem... I started to build this amp and my transformer is +-70, it means I will have problem too..

Did you try UCD feedback?

Maybe we have to wait Azmi to help us :)

Dzony_988

My amp will be finished in few days... Stewin, why do you try something with snubbers? Maybe that is the problem, maybe 10r 100p isn't good for high voltages... Try 100R 100p...

Dzony_988

I spend whole day to make this amp to work on +-70V, but nothing.... I think this amp simply cant work on high voltages... On +-70V heat is to high, distorsion is very big and you can hear swiching freq in speaker... For this we need osciloscope to determinete source of problem...

On +-50V amplifier is stabile and sound is very good, but I have problem with heat, but I use 2.2n in feedback, I'll try tomorow 4.7n to reduce heat

michelle

ucd with 2 pair mosfets

Hello
greetings ucd with 2 pair of mosfets 12 volt bias supply given externally tip 41 heats a lot
warm regards
michelle

Attachments

• DSCN3332.jpg
    DSCN3332.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 533

Dzony_988

To Michelle:

Yes but how can I know which freq is with 10n (original is 820p)?
Why amp distrord on +-70, distrosion and sound is like amp cant to start oscilation, like on/off tones?

To Stewin
Yes, I tested with +-95V and IRFB4227, works fine...
I really dont understand..

Dzony_988

In the midtime I found out that my amp on +-50V with IRFP250N, 33R gate resistor and output filter 20uH+1uF distord with 4.7nF cap in feedback, but when I put 6.8nF music is perfect...

Michel and Stewin, can you answer on my question, what is swich freq. with 6.8nF and what is whit 10nF in feedback? TNX

Dzony_988

Basic non ucd schematich... +-50V, IRFP250N,gate resistor 33ohm, 20uH, 1uH
Get hot after 10 minutas heatsink is small an with fan 3x3 cm heatsink is cold.
Output coil is hot (T106-2)
In feedback wih 2.2nF coil is cold but amp distord, probably slow fets, with 4.7n, coil is warm but distorsion is little bit smaller, and 6.8n amp is without distorsion but coil is hot, about 60 deegress C.

Thats why I asked what freq is with 820p, what is with 6.8n and what is with 10n!? Stewin, can you answer on it..
Because its full range sound, probably freq is above 120KHz. Am I right?

stewin

Basic non ucd schematich... +-50V, IRFP250N,gate resistor 33ohm, 20uH, 1uH
Get hot after 10 minutas heatsink is small an with fan 3x3 cm heatsink is cold.
Output coil is hot (T106-2)
In feedback wih 2.2nF coil is cold but amp distord, probably slow fets, with 4.7n, coil is warm but distorsion is little bit smaller, and 6.8n amp is without distorsion but coil is hot, about 60 deegress C.

Thats why I asked what freq is with 820p, what is with 6.8n and what is with 10n!? Stewin, can you answer on it..
Because its full range sound, probably freq is above 120KHz. Am I right?

i now want to try irs amps irs1500 because it can do +/- 90vlts comfortably without stress but when i find solution i will surely post results

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class-d/166214-ucd-25-watts-1200-watts-using-2-mosfets-240.html