Scale able class D 1250W UCD style and Non-UCD style - PCB Ready. Tested.

michelle

CLASS D high power

Hi Norazmi
greetings amp tested till 55 o 55 volts dc amp working well even now core is not heating luke
warm picked them up from junk shop used18 swg enamelled wire quite satisfied with inductor some pics
can you send clear schematic one with black background do you have pcb for it mosfets used are irf240
i have them so i want to try bridged version i used TIP41
warm regards
michelle

Attachments

• DSCN2696.jpg
    DSCN2696.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 595
  • DSCN2694.jpg
    DSCN2694.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 397

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
i dont know what type of core u both mention, looks like its ferrite core... maybe, and if its not hope then it would be good, also still need calculation inductance for that core to provide maximum power output.

michelle

Core not heating

Hi Norazmi
greetings the good news is now core luke warm looks i got good core wound 33 turns 18swg
very much satisfied now its time to make bridged one
warm regards
michelle

michelle

CLASS D high power

Hi Norazmi
greetings any idea whats the working frequency of this ucd amp and max supply limits
on IRF250N
warm regards
michelle

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
working freq is around 200-250 khz, with IRFP250N (200v mosfet) optimum supply can be +70 0 -70, thats the safety margin for it because its face high freq so think about failure to not explode. but if u use more faster mosfet like irfb4020, 4019 etc... or what Microsim posted here, supply rails can be up to maximum depends on mosfet type. For example 200v mosfet the actual maximum supply can be +100 -100 in class AB Amplifier. irf540N +50 -50 the maximum. but for me, i`ll not go for the maximum and always -5% or -10% from the maximum margin.

to get maximum power at output we need to design power supply with enough supply current. for example +65 0 -65 vdc at 10 ampere or 15 ampere and with good capacitor bank and regulated will do much batter than +75 0 -75 vdc 4-5 ampere. So current is important too to maintain the power, simple calculation as we all know is P = V*I, P = power, V= voltage and I=current. I do test with linear power supply and smps, the problem is linear supply will be much weight to have big supply current maybe 4-5kg of transformer weight. LOL. so smps will do only 1/3 of the linear weight maybe 1/4 or less. Good smps will supply more than enough current to feed amplifier. less capacitor bank etc...

michelle

CLASS D high power

Hi Norazmi
greetings any update on bridged schematic and if you have any pcb for it i will wait
warm regards
michelle

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
Hi Michelle,

Since i dont find the old pcb for the brigde u can refer to this schema to make full bridge, or we can make 2 modules and use apex simple bridge option with op-am. Its long time i`ve build this amp and i need time to find it lol. But to get huge power u can have low rds-on mosfet with right setting for component replacement refer to original schema for component change for each rail voltage, irfb4227 will do at +90 0 -90 vdc is powerful enough i think. At the mean time i`m trying to get one schema for you for the bridge option, or we can ask Microsim to draw it back. I think Microsim have alot ideas about bridge IR2110 since he already done in smps if i`m not mistaken.

regards,

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
Michelle

i`m trying to re-design full bridge module, but not finish yet, i need to verify all component value before we can make any test. here is the un-finish one.

Attachments

• full bridge.jpg
    full bridge.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 710

Sasori_ltu

Hi, this amp to me will cost 1/4 my stipent, its really cheap. Hmm maybe I wil make power supply for this amp from 12volts to +/-80 volts:) And one qeustion - power transistors gets a very hot? I'll need big heatsink?

Mslbrll

This amp, belongs to EJTAGLE from Forosdeelectroncia.com. pls reffer the original author, in that forum u got about 1000 messeges about this amp.

michelle

mosfet

Hi Norazmi
greetings just want to ask you if this mosfet is suitable
N channel SP170N10L
Vds 100V
Rds on 16MOHM
ID 70 A
175degree operating temprature
reason i ask you there cheap and easily available
warm regards
michelle

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
opsss, sorry im missed this thread, i`ll try to answer each question.

@Sasori_ltu : for the +/- 80 vdc u need to have proper mosfet, irfp250N cant go that high voltage since that mosfet have high rds-on and Qrr, Trr, qgs also high. recommended that voltage rail supply mosfet is irfb4227 at least, u also need proper design for LC filter, need to be match what speaker impedance u will drive. for 2 ohm at least u need to have 22uh by using T106-2 iron core powder material and 1uf 250vdc filter caps. for the TIP31 cannot be exceeded +/- 50vdc, more than that voltage please use 200 volt and above power transistor, for example u can use MJE13007, MJE13009, MJE13005, and others. Power transistor will provide heats and if u use car amp heatsink its enough to support the heat. BUT if u use smps u can wind another coil to get 12vdc directly. and then there is no need power transistor anymore.

@Mslbrll : yes i already mention is at first page so credit goes to him.

@michelle : mosfet SP170N10L yes u can use it but rails voltage must NOT EXCEEDED +/- 50 vdc and u can drive as low as 1 ohm, another one good mosfet is IRFB4710.

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
@Mslbrll : Yes, last time i drive 4 pcs 15 inch with only irf540N hehe :D , no burn, no overheat, play at college stage almost 5 hours non stop with high volume.

Sasori_ltu

@norazmi
So if I want tunrs amp 800W I'll need to change IRFP250N to IRFB4227, TIP31 to MJE13007, MJE13009, MJE13005, LC filter to 44uH(than load is 4 ohms)? And I can didnt use 2n5401?

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
Sasori Yes, change IRF250N to IRFB4227, TIP31C to MJE13007, LC Filter should not more than 30uH + filter cap 1uf 250vdc (4ohm - 8ohm), 22uh + filter cap 1.5uf 250vdc (load as low as 2ohm), change 2N5401 to MPSA92. You need to be carefull about the pin change of the transistor leg between 5401 and mpsa. +/- 75vdc is the limit for the 2N5401 while MPSA42/92 support more voltage 300vdc which approx +/- 150vdc.