Scale able class D 1250W UCD style and Non-UCD style - PCB Ready. Tested.

Sasori_ltu

Lol, i wrote about this amp and smps to my country electonics forum, and they say that it imposible, and inposible make smps for this with ETD59 core:D

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
for medium power u can make IR2153 smps, can reach at least 800w, or u can go with high efficiency + Feedback regulated + protection with Microsim design IR2110 + SG3525. Yes u can go with Luka smps too and the protection only will be fuse. so you can choose which power and design u like. i`ve done both IR2153 and IR2110, both working allright and IR2153 will be more voltage drop since its not regulated and fix 50% duty cycle. Btw both working better with their own way :D

tmdmitza

norazmi please give me the right schematic with all of modifications you make , i need for 80 vcc modifications .. thanks

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
80 vcc u need to use IRFB4227 and follow in attachment for component change to go with that supply.

Pechi

Hello, i am new in this forum.

I am very interested in this amp. Is it possible to push it even further than +- 90V? For instance with irfb4229?
Are there any changes necessary? (MPSA42 etc? )

Pechi

Is it possible to use this FETs?

STD15NF10? Because i have got a few pcs of them.
Which Railvoltages would be suitable?
Will they have low THD?
I know that they dont have the right Package, but that is no problem.

And how much power can i get from them?

michelle

Hello

Hi Capsighter
greetings well i havent made this circuit but its definetly a working amp its from lorylaci
site assembled pcb is also there better bet is the one DIMONIS posted in diyaudio catch a working schematic but overall i think norazmi and stewin discrete combination will be EASIER and CHEAPER to
make hoping norazmi will share pcb thats what i would go for but the final choice is yours we can count
on two very helpful gentlemen NORAZMI and DIMONIS for technical assistance as i am new to class d
both have helped me out
warm regards
michelle

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Capsighter
greetings well i havent made this circuit but its definetly a working amp its from lorylaci
site assembled pcb is also there better bet is the one DIMONIS posted in diyaudio catch a working schematic but overall i think norazmi and stewin discrete combination will be EASIER and CHEAPER to
make hoping norazmi will share pcb thats what i would go for but the final choice is yours we can count
on two very helpful gentlemen NORAZMI and DIMONIS for technical assistance as i am new to class d
both have helped me out
warm regards
michelle

Could you please point me to lorylaci site?

renotrend

Hi norazmi , this amp can drive speaker 18" 2 pcs in supply +-75 volt ? and what modification ? how supply required ? and how watt ?

michelle

will these mosfets work in ucd

Hi Norazmi
greetings just want to ask you if these FDA series mosfets vds 250 volts power 500 watts
will work in ucd1200 want to push ucd supply to 90 volts using these mosfets these mosfets are being used in this amp supply 110 volts dc power output 1500 watts till 3000 watts on 2 ohms and sound is
really superb do i have to change value of gate resistors
warm regards
michelle

Attachments

• fc918f9a8bc94957.jpg
    fc918f9a8bc94957.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 512

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
renotrend : yes u can push 2 x 18 inch and i have done before with 4 x 15 inch with only one channel. For the +/- 75 volts u need to use irfb4227 mosfet and the modification u can refer to original schematic with few component change with high power version. Supply u need at least 500VA or more with good caps bank, diode and filter. How many watts it can produce is depend on ur configuration like i said. :D

Michelle: tell me full name of ur mosfet :D . with +/- 90vdc supply and u want to drive at 2 ohm load, u will need full bridge version with very GOOD trace to take high current, and dc protect + OCP + OVP for safety reason :D . For the gate resistor i cant suggest until u tell me what type of mosfet u used, tell me in full name lol :D

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
yep Abet if u want to design new pcbs is welcome. Most of Diyers have problem when trace is too close each other because they use classic style to make pcb with ironing and im using that style too :D .